Are you a stellar human with bike mechanic abilities? Do you like working with fun, supportive people? Do you like the idea of working in a bike shop that provides job training and assistance to San Francisco youth? Do you like the idea of being a part of an awesome diverse community of bike folks? We’d love to meet you! This Mechanic position requires a minimum of 2+ year experience in a professional bicycle service department, with excellent diagnostic and productive mechanical skills. Strong sales and customer service orientation is a must as well as the ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment. Mechanic must be proficient in fixing new as well older and vintage bicycles quickly, competently, and creatively service and resale.
Compensation is based on experience and very competitive for the industry. Sales commissions and health care, dental, and vision benefits are included for F/T position.
- Time-efficient and professional bicycle repairs, new and used bicycle assemblies, bicycle and accessory sales, and service writing.
- Ability to work on all levels of bikes to a high standard.
- Quickly diagnose, estimate, repair, and troubleshoot in a fast paced shop environment.
- Utilize a POS system for all sales and service transactions and service writing.
- Weekend work shifts are required.
- Support management, service, and sales staff.
- Strong and motivated sales ability with regard to new bikes, refurbished bikes, and bicycle accessories.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a mechanic and salesperson in a professional bicycle shop.
- Bike sales, accessories sales, and basic bike fitting experience
- Computer/internet literacy.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and clean work habits.
- Experience working in a group. Strong written and communication skills, ability to multi-task, display positive and courteous communication habits.
- Proficient computer skills with regard to inventory and service order issues.
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude and maintains patience under pressure at all times.
- Knowledge of current and past bicycle trends.
- Suspension and Hydraulic diagnostics and repair is a plus.
- Experience working with youth is a plus.
Email your resume and let us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. In addition to your work history, please submit professional, experience-related references and wage requirements.